sábado, 5 de setembro de 2020

Coin Battery Charger

Today I bring you guys something new, something that ended up to develop under some pressure and in a short time. In some of my recent projects where the energy consumption was smaller, I ended up to replace the AA batteries for Coin Cell batteries that took a lot less space. During the development process, I ended up draining a lot of batteries, so I replaced the normal batteries for rechargeable batteries. However, I completely forgot that I would need to recharge them. As a coin cell charger was quite off expensive in my area, I ended up to develop a charger by my self what ended up to be cheap(something around 3€) and fast. I used the TP4056 in this project that is a charger for a single cell lithium-ion batteries that will be in charge of charging the batteries!


Materials Used:
  • 1x Coin Cell Holder
  • 1x Small Prototype Board
  • 1x TP4056
  • 2x Very small wires

Schematics:



There are some things that should be taken into consideration when putting the project together. It is extremely important to assure that we do not solder the opposite poles between the battery holder and the TP4056. Each pin of the coin cell battery holder has its own polarity.

During the process of joining everything, I designed a simple case for the project to keep everything together and at the same time beautify the charger. The case can be downloaded from here.


And now... The final aspect of it:





Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário